By using the ukskybox.com web site, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). UK SkyBox (“We”) reserves the right to change the Terms of Services from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. UK SkyBox cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Although we may provide translations of content on our web sites or Services for convenience, where conﬂicts exist, the English text will be considered deﬁnitive.
- You must register using your real name, address, email address and telephone number.
- We will not use this information for any purpose other than providing shipping services to you. Your information will never be sold to another party.
- If we have reason to believe that any information provided is untrue or incomplete, we reserve the right to close your account or limit your account access until such discrepancy is corrected.
- We may send occasional informational emails regarding our service. You can opt out of these emails through your account settings.
Payments / Pricing
- You must make payments using only payment methods owned by you. You may not make payments using accounts owned by others. We reserve the right to close your account or limit your account access until such discrepancy is corrected.
- Wire Transfers are subject to a flat £15 fee per incoming transfer.
- All shipping and handling fees will be payable in advance of services being performed by us. We will collect payment for all shipping costs in addition to all outstanding service fees at the time you request shipment of your items.
- Fees for correctly executed services are non-refundable except at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to change prices for any service provided by us without advance notice.
- You can request a refund of your positive balance at any time.
- Upon completing registration, you will be assigned a unique customer identiﬁcation number “Skybox number”. You must use the full delivery address, including your skybox number, when ordering any items for delivery to our warehouse.
- Our services and obligations begin when your item is physically delivered to our warehouse at the address speciﬁed on your account. We are not responsible for items not delivered to our warehouse for any reason.
- You will be billed a handling fee equivalent to 6% of the shipping fee for every package we receive on your behalf.
- Our services are limited to storage, handling and shipment of your items. All items are solely your property and the condition of such items is solely your responsibility. Any problems related to your items’ condition at the time of delivery to our warehouse are solely between you and the vendor of the items.
- At your request, we can return items to the seller within the United Kingdom. However, you are responsible for all shipping costs associated with your return shipment.
- We agree to provide reasonable measures to keep items secure at our warehouse, including 24-hour security monitoring. After your items are checked in at our warehouse, they are insured for their full value while in our warehouse. If items are lost or damaged while in our warehouse, you may ﬁle a claim for reimbursement. We may require proof of the item’s value.
- Our warehouse is not climate-controlled and may be subject to ﬂuctuations in temperature and humidity.
- We agree to store the items of free account holders at no charge for a period of 30 calendar days. After 30 days, your account will be billed a storage fee at a rate of £2 per week per item.
- Parcels will be considered abandoned if not shipped within 120 calendar days of the expiration of your free storage period. Abandoned parcels will be disposed of and cannot be recovered.
- Parcels that have been packed but not shipped within 7 calendar days will be billed a storage fee at a rate of £2 per day. After 45 days, the parcel will be considered abandoned. Abandoned parcels will be disposed of and cannot be recovered.
- For security reasons our warehouse is not open to the public. Package dropoffs are by appointment only, so please let us know in advance if your parcel is being dropped off by someone other than a registered courier/delivery service. We do not allow parcel pick up at the warehouse.
- We currently support shipping for parcels only. We cannot forward letters, magazines, catalogues, or any other common mail items at this time.
- UK SkyBox uses metric units of measurement.
- We can re-package your items for shipment upon your request. Our standard packaging service includes a suitable shipping box, void ﬁll as appropriate, and tamper-proof security tape.
- Packing options for additional safety, such as bubble wrap or stretch wrap, are available at extra cost. These options will be presented to you for selection at the time you submit your pack request. Any fees for extra packing options will be billed to your account at the time they are performed. These fees are not refundable once billed.
- After we receive your request, we will pack the items requested. Once this is done, a ﬁnal measurement of the parcel’s weight and dimensions will be presented to you with available shipping methods.
- You can cancel a pack request after submitting it. If the pack request has been executed prior to your cancellation request, your account will be billed a fee of £10. If the pack request has not been executed, you will not be billed.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to reject pack requests that cannot be completed due to physical size limits, inadequate documentation, noncompliance with UK SkyBox or carrier terms, or any other applicable cause. We will inform you of the reason for cancellation and present you with options for resolving the situation.
- Please note that some shipping methods make use of dimensional weight when calculating shipping charges.
- Dimensional weight is deﬁned as: (L x W x H) / divisor = Dimensional Weight. The divisor can vary based on the shipping method used.
- UK SkyBox may provide estimated delivery timeframes for your convenience. These are general estimates based on average times, and not guarantees. Some shipments may be delivered outside of these estimates.
- Shipping speed is not guaranteed, and there is no compensation for shipping delays or delivery timing.
- By registering for our service, you agree not to use our service to store or ship any prohibited items. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs, or any illicit or controlled substance or paraphernalia
- E-Cigarettes, Vaporizors or any related parts or paraphernalia (including liquid flavors)
- Perfumes (except via special services, limited to select countries – requires additional fee)
- Lithium-ion or Lithium-metal batteries, unless installed inside the device or packed with the device in its original manufacturer packaging. We will not combine or pack devices with batteries that have been purchased and received separately.
- Nail polish, paints & other flammables
- Aerosols or any other filled & pressurized container
- Fuels gasoline, matches, combustible substances of any kind
- Chemical or corrosive substances of any kind
- All substances in powdered form
- Firearms or ballistic ammunition of any kind, including imitations and toys, or any parts thereof
- Weapons of any kind or any parts thereof, including swords, knives, axes, bayonets, bows, imitations and toys, etc.
- Human organs and/or substances, and blood and blood parts
- Perishable items
- Plants of any kind and in any form, including seeds
- Precious stones of any kind, except for jewellery
- Jewellery and watches with a value in excess of £1000
- Banknotes, securities, traveller’s cheques, currency, cash equivalents of any kind
- Materials of a pornographic nature, or intended to spread hate propaganda
- Copyright infringing materials
- Any other item that we, at our discretion, believe to be potentially dangerous, hazardous, or illegal.
- If we receive any prohibited items on your behalf, we will inform you of the situation immediately. You will have a period of ﬁve business days to remove the item from our warehouse using a supported method, including returning the item to the original point of sale or other address within the United Kingdom. After the expiration of this ﬁve-day period, any items will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of.
- Any prohibited items which cannot be shipped within the United Kingdom due to carrier restrictions or local laws will be disposed of immediately. We are not liable for ﬁnancial damages resulting from such disposal.
Import and Export
- Before shipping your items, you must provide a customs description and customs value (cost of the item plus shipping cost from the retailer to our warehouse) for each item in your outgoing shipment. This information is usually found in a receipt, invoice or order confirmation from the seller. You are responsible for ensuring that the values and descriptions are complete and accurate. We will in no case be responsible for delays, damages, or penalties caused by inaccurate customs declarations.
- In cases where parcels are returned to us due to issues related to customs documentation or import regulations, duties or taxes, you will be responsible for all return shipping charges. If we are billed for such charges by the carrier, we will apply the charges to your account.
- Your parcels are subject to inspection both by your local customs authorities and United Kingdom export authorities. You agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy of customs documentation for your parcels, and you are solely responsible for adherence to all applicable laws of the United Kingdom and your local jurisdiction.
- It is advisable to describe items in general terms, omitting speciﬁc branding. For instance, “mobile phone” rather than “Samsung S10.”
Electronics Power On Testing
- We will, at your request, test electronic devices checked in to our warehouse for successful power-on. The fee for this service is £5 per item.
- In order to perform this test, we will break any retail packaging or factory seal on the item’s box.
- We will remove the item from the box, plug it in to a power source and attempt to power on. If the item successfully and completely powers on, it will be considered to have passed. If the item cannot be powered on, it will be considered to have failed.
- Once the test is performed, you will be informed of the results and you will have the opportunity to return the item to the seller if desired.
- This is a power-on test for your information only. This test does not guarantee or warranty present or future performance of the tested item for any period.
- We cannot perform diagnostic tests beyond a power-on of the item.
- At your request, we will purchase items on your behalf for delivery to our warehouse.
- The commission for this service will be 10% of the total price of the order.
- If the purchase is made in person, we will also charge a transportation fee based on the location of the retail outlet and the size of the package.
- We will purchase only items matching exactly those you request. You are responsible for communicating with us all optional details, including sizes, colours, capacities, desired features, etc.
- If we cannot determine the correct conﬁguration, we will not complete your purchase until we have conﬁrmed these details with you.
- Occasionally, the price of products may change between the time we receive your request and the time we attempt to purchase on your behalf.
- If the price of requested items at the time we attempt purchase is lower than the price expected, your account will be billed for the lower amount. The remaining funds will remain as a credit balance on your account.
- If the price of requested items at the time we attempt purchase is higher than the price expected, we will not purchase the items without conﬁrmation from you.
- You will have the option at the time you make your request of deﬁning a range of acceptable price ﬂuctuation. If we have such prior instructions from you, and the price of the product increases within the range speciﬁed by you, we will make the purchase.
- If you choose to specify a range of acceptable increase in price, your account must be adequately funded to cover the full range. If your account is not funded suﬃciently to cover the purchase and all associated fees, we will not make the purchase.
- At your request, we will attempt to cancel concierge shopping orders that have not been processed by the seller.
- If you would like to return a concierge shopping item that has been checked in, you will be responsible for all return shipping charges not covered by the vendor’s return
- We cannot refuse delivery of any unwanted parcel due to the volume of parcels received at our warehouse.
- Any refund made by the vendor will be applied to your account at the time it is received by us.
- As part of our concierge shopping service, we will provide mediation service between you and the vendor of any concierge item at no additional charge. Such mediation will be limited to the purpose of resolving speciﬁc issues related to the condition, characteristics, or delivery of concierge items, including:
- Inquiries regarding the condition of items at the time of delivery
- Return / exchange requests
- Reporting an undelivered item
- Refund requests
- Concierge items are not sold to you by us. Our role is acting as your proxy to purchase items which you specify on your behalf. Concierge items are sold to you by the vendor of your choice.
- We provide no guarantee or warranty of any kind for any concierge shopping item. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for damage prior to arrival to our warehouse, incorrect items, items in condition not as described by the vendor, items lost before delivery to our warehouse, or any other issue related to the condition, characteristics or delivery to our warehouse of a concierge shopping item.
- You agree that, in the event that you initiate a payment dispute or chargeback action against payment used to fund concierge purchases, you cede ownership of any such concierge item to us, and your account is subject to restricted access until the issue can be resolved.
Chargebacks & Payment Disputes
- By using our service you agree to be bound by our policies regarding refunds and claims for compensation.
- Claims for compensation that fall outside our terms and conditions will be denied.
- You agree not to file a chargeback or other payment dispute for compensation not covered by our terms and conditions.
- In the event that a chargeback or other payment dispute is filed, your account will be closed and we will not provide future services to you.
- We reserve the right to close any account at our discretion.
- If we close your account due to fraudulent payment activity, ownership of all items remaining in the locker will be ceded to the original vendor.
- If we close your account for any reason other than fraudulent activity, you will retain ownership of all items remaining in your locker, and we will provide means for you to remove the items from our warehouse either by shipment, return to seller, or other acceptable option, provided your account is brought to a positive or zero balance.
- You may close your account at any time without penalty
- By closing your account, you forgo all access to UK SkyBox customer service, and any and all Services provided by UK SkyBox.
Disclaimer of Warranty
THE WEB SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED BY UK SKYBOX ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. UK SKYBOX MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU TO YOU THROUGH THE WEB SITE, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, UK SKYBOX DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. UK SKYBOX DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE; INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE; THEIR SERVERS; OR E-MAIL SENT FROM UK SKYBOX ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. UK SKYBOX WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. The exclusion of certain warranties and the exclusion or limitation of certain liabilities is prohibited by law in some jurisdictions. Such limitations may apply to you. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimer exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights. The warranty disclaimer and liability exclusion and limitation clauses survive indeﬁnitely after the termination of this Agreement.
Licence & Access
UK SkyBox grants You a limited licence to access and make personal use of the Web Site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it (excluding your personal information or song listing), or any portion of it, except with express written consent of UK SkyBox. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this Web Site or its contents; any collection and use of any classiﬁed advertisement listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this Web Site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the beneﬁt of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or forms) of UK SkyBox without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing UK SkyBox’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of UK SkyBox. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or licence granted by UK SkyBox. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the pages of UK SkyBox so long as the link does not portray UK SkyBox, its aﬃliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise oﬀensive matter.